Chat with us
United Kingdom Visa Types
A1 Same Day is an online platform for eligible visa-exempt travelers to the UK to apply for their online visas. The platform offers such travelers two options based on nationality; the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and the Electronic Visa Waiver (EVW). Each one is designed to cater to the needs of short-term visitors to the UK coming for tourism, business, medical treatment, or transit. Only travelers from eligible countries may apply for one or the other, but by 2024, all visa-exempt visitors will be made to apply for ETAs only as the EVW will be scrapped. Note: Visa-exempt visitors who enter the UK through the Republic of Ireland can only stay for three months, not six months. Below, we review the ETA and ETW with updated information regarding their requirements, validity, processing times, and application fees. Kindly read on to learn more.
Fill out United Kingdom Long-term work visa application form online and send the following documents to A1 Same Day.
01. Visa application form. Fully completed and signed application form. Please note: Applicants using our service must select Standard or Priority service while filling the online application. The fees paid to A1 Sameday are in addition to the fee paid online.
02. Original passport. The passport must be valid at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the destination country and has at least 2 blank visa pages.
03. Passport-type photograph. Include 2 passport style photos, with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. You may also choose to upload a photo to your order for us to print. There is a charge associated with this service.
04. Biometrics. The biometrics appointment confirmation sheet, bearing the original stamp of the USCIS center. Note: this document is valid for 15 days from the date it is stamped.
05. Host Sponsorship Form. Provide a Certificate of sponsorship. This must be obtained by your sponsor through the Home Office in the UK. Applications cannot be processed without this approval.
06. Proof of Financial Support. If you will be accompanied by a dependent who is applying for a visa then you must provide proof of your financial capacity to support your dependents during your stay in the United Kingdom. Proof of Maintenance may take two forms, either: Your last three bank statements showing a continuous minimum balance of £945 for the main applicant and £630 per dependent, or A maintenance letter issued by your employer confirming that your employer will support you and each named dependent for the first month of employment. Only fully-approved "A-List" employer sponsors may issue this letter. If using this option consult the Sample Maintenance letter provided in this kit.
07. UK Visas and Immigration Checklist. Please include United Kingdom Visas and Immigration checklist with your application.
United Kingdom Long-term work visa fees for citizens of United States of America
Type of visa
Multiple entry (180 days stay)
Up to 10 years
10-21 business days